The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
When Sustainability Aligns with Business Objectives
August 30, 2016
At the Sustainability Interactive Conference in June of this year, one of the event's keynote speakers remarked about how a company's sustainability efforts must align with their broader business objectives in order for them to be truly effective. After all, these initiatives cost money, and their Return on Investment ensures their long term viability as a good use of shareholder funds. Random "good deeds" won't likely be viewed by investors as being consistent with a long term strategy. This week, we saw a fine example of such consistency in Coca Cola's annual sustainability report. The argument that Coca Cola is a water abuser is no longer a valid...Read Full Article...
Another Showcase of Why Sustainability Matters
June 15, 2016
On Monday evening, Boardwalk Capital Management teamed up with the Green Chamber of the South for the Fourth Annual Sustainability Interactive conference in Atlanta, Georgia. Dozens of corporate, collegiate and governmental sustainability officers where present, sharing their most recent initiatives with well over 100 other attendees. We were delighted to welcome sustainability experts from across the region. All who were present were treated to stimulating presentations by two of the most accomplished professionals in sustainability: Bill Strang, President of Operations for TOTO Americas and Jim Hartzfeld, presently consulting with the UN Global Compact and the former VP of Sustainable Strategy for Interface,...Read Full Article...
Water Stress: A World Wide Problem
May 11, 2012
Sustainable investors should be particularly concerned about how their portfolio holdings are addressing one of the most critical issues of our time: Water. Unsustainable water use is threatening agriculture, other business and populations in China, India and the US, according to a study by risk analysis company Maplecroft. Companies who fail to manage this issue stand to lose sales, and even the right to operate in certain countries. ...Read Full Article...
Intel Takes Green Mindedness to the Bank
February 28, 2012
One never knows where they will find evidence of good corporate citizenship, operational excellence and environmental stewardship. This time, it's the lawyers... Law.com/Corporate Counsel magazine recently interviewed several corporate attorneys at Intel, revealing much about the depth and breadth of the sustainability programs at the world's largest manufacturer of semiconductor chips. For starters, the firm has invested more than $45 million in more than 1,500 energy efficiency and resource conservation projects since 2001. These efforts have saved more than 790 million kilowatt hours of energy, reducing energy costs by an average of approximately $23 million per year. Not a bad...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Intel Takes Green Mindedness to the Bank 02.28.12 Read...
- Water Stress: A World Wide Problem 05.11.12 Read...
- Another Showcase of Why Sustainability Matters 06.15.16 Read...
- When Sustainability Aligns with Business Objectives 08.30.16 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter