The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
Third Quarter Market Commentary -- Chaos at Quarter's End
October 01, 2013
We are again fortunate to report that while the third quarter was a volatile one, stocks ended higher than where they started. Overseas shares did better than domestic ones for the first time in quite awhile. And while emerging market stocks were as usual, the most volatile, they too ended the quarter with better returns than the S&P500. The diversification that we have implemented in client accounts is now not only a risk management exercise, it is also adding to returns. Over the long term, availing ourselves of a broader range of opportunities should pay financial dividends. Bonds, meanwhile, have had...Read Full Article...
Reconciling a Dow 20,000 target with an overbought market
August 18, 2013
The Business Insider website ran two articles this week that seem to be in conflict. But perhaps they are not so at odds with one another… Link: Dow 20000 is Likely to Happen Sooner Than You Think The folks at AllianceBernstein investments issued a report this week, reiterating their projection for the Dow Jones Industrial Average to hit 20,000 by 2018. Let that sink in for a second. Is that likely, or is it just hype? As you will read in the attached article, these are hardly heroic predictions. Yes, it will be a bumpy ride, but DOW 20,000 in five years amounts...Read Full Article...
Are We Near the End for Bonds?
August 24, 2012
The Barclays Aggregate Bond Index has posted twelve consecutive years of positive returns. We ask: Is this unusual? What should one expect for the coming decade? It has been a long and not-so-winding road. The legacy of inflation-ravaged bond prices from the 1970’s was tough to overcome, but when inflation’s back was finally broken in the late 80’s, investor inflation expectations began to moderate. And we were off to the races. Mortgage rates averaged more than 10% though the 80’s. Young borrowers such as my wife and I could only gripe about the 3% mortgage rates that our parents crowed about from...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Are We Near the End for Bonds? 08.24.12 Read...
- Reconciling a Dow 20,000 target with an overbought market 08.18.13 Read...
- Third Quarter Market Commentary -- Chaos at Quarter's End 10.01.13 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter