The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
Sustainability Interactive conference -- Video
February 18, 2015
https://vimeo.com/119806316Read Full Article...
To Divest, or Not to Divest... That is the (new) question.
May 14, 2013
Investors are increasingly asking that question. You know the one that should be never raised at cocktail parties: "Should I invest in companies that I know are wrecking the planet?" In simpler times, "serious investors" didn't worry with the social aspects of investing in tobacco or alcohol or defense contractors. Our pragmatism stated that legal products were acceptable investments in a free society. That was prior to our knowledge of climate science... before the flooding of Pacific islands and Alaskan coastal towns... and well in advance of breaching 400ppm of CO2 in the atmosphere -- a level not seen in the totality of...Read Full Article...
Thoughts from Sustainability Interactive -- It's about the bottom line
November 17, 2012
What is "Green" to the orange-aproned folks at The Home Depot or the Brown™ team (yes, capitalized) of UPS? Last month, senior sustainability officers from nearly a dozen companies and universities assembled in Atlanta to meet with local business owners to the discuss best sustainability practices. The event, Sustainability Interactive!, was presented by the Green Chamber of the South, and topics discussed were green alright, but not always in the environmental sense. Boardwalk Capital sponsored this event, and I was happy to recruit the sustainability officers and coordinate a fabulous evening. They were eager to participate in this unique face-to-face gathering, and we...Read Full Article...
Dispelling Myths about Sustainable Investing
October 01, 2012
Responsible investing comes in many names and forms: Sustainable, green, ethical, responsible, social... So, it is perhaps not surprising that the public remains confused as to its effectiveness in building wealth over the long term. This article will separate misconception from reality, and show that SRI deserves consideration by serious investors. MYTH 1: Performance has been lousy. FALSE! There is no performance difference between social and traditional funds. Extensive research on social funds shows that performance is substantially the same. Studies published in the Financial Analyst Journal and by other groups have proved the point that SRI funds should be viewed...Read Full Article...
The Atlantan magazine article: "Green Peace"
July 15, 2012
Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Apple Takes It Up a Notch 02.14.12 Read...
- The Dollar Payoff from CSR and Sustainability 01.18.12 Read...
- A Slowly Boiling Frog -- Investor Summit on Climate Risk 01.15.12 Read...
- 15 Companies Tell Congress To Renew Key Wind Power Tax Credit 02.17.12 Read...
- Lighting Retrofits: Low Hanging Fruit 02.18.12 Read...
- Intel Takes Green Mindedness to the Bank 02.28.12 Read...
- Impact Investing: The Trillion Dollar Investment Opportunity 03.25.12 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter