The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
Energy Efficiency: The One Trillion Dollar Answer
March 01, 2012
Buildings account for nearly half of US energy consumption, consume 3/4 of the electricity and, excluding residential, are responsible for more than 45 percent of carbon emissions. The EPA suggests that some 30% of this energy is wasted. New research from the Rockefeller Foundation ...Read Full Article...
Intel Takes Green Mindedness to the Bank
February 28, 2012
One never knows where they will find evidence of good corporate citizenship, operational excellence and environmental stewardship. This time, it's the lawyers... Law.com/Corporate Counsel magazine recently interviewed several corporate attorneys at Intel, revealing much about the depth and breadth of the sustainability programs at the world's largest manufacturer of semiconductor chips. For starters, the firm has invested more than $45 million in more than 1,500 energy efficiency and resource conservation projects since 2001. These efforts have saved more than 790 million kilowatt hours of energy, reducing energy costs by an average of approximately $23 million per year. Not a bad...Read Full Article...
Lighting Retrofits: Low Hanging Fruit
February 18, 2012
For some time now, we have been hearing a politically-charged and nonsensical debate in Washington over new standards for light bulb efficiency. These standards while new, completely follow past precident to advance the industry and improve efficiency while giving manufacturers clarity from which to make investment decisions. Less interesting to many, but more impactful to companies and to society, are the efficiency gains that are being realized every day through lighting retrofits. The cost savings are often staggering. Kenco, a Chattanooga-based logistics and warehouse operator, recently disclosed a sizable project to replace lighting in two of its warehouses in Tennessee....Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- Lighting Retrofits: Low Hanging Fruit 02.18.12 Read...
- Intel Takes Green Mindedness to the Bank 02.28.12 Read...
- Energy Efficiency: The One Trillion Dollar Answer 03.01.12 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter