The Sustainable Investor: In Pursuit of an Enlightened Investment Portfolio
US Stocks: Where are we now?
December 01, 2013
With the Dow Industrials and S&P500 making all time highs, and with the NASDAQ at a 13-year high, investors are right to question whether or not this bull market "still has legs". Perhaps it's not so surprising that Wall Street strategists and fund managers are divided on the outlook. Below, we summarize some thoughts from noteworthy commentators, while adding our own observations. Keep this fact in mind: It's the valution of the market that matters. Not the index level. Since 1900, the S&P 500 Index has been within 5% of its prior peak almost half the time. We're always wondering if the...Read Full Article...
A New Year, New Taxes and New Challenges
January 22, 2013
After a robust year when both stocks and bonds around the world posted gains, investors are left to ponder the outlook for continued appreciation. We offer a few comments and observations. Cheap money forced some tough choices. Income-oriented investors were forced to make tough calls in 2012. With US Treasury note yields approaching zero, investors found their way to high yield bonds and dividend paying equities, increasing their risk to maintain their income stream. They were rewarded with income and appreciation in most cases, but with credit spreads far lower than their historical average, bond investors are extending risk beyond what they...Read Full Article...
New Climate Action May Impact Dividend Growth
June 29, 2012
Out-of-control firestorms in Colorado and 100-degree heat index in the nation's capital served as an apt backdrop for an important court ruling on climate risk. Earlier this week, the U.S. The three-judge panel unanimously agreed with the Environmental Protection Agency's finding that carbon dioxide is a...Read Full Article...
Get Started Now...
Learn how sustainable investing can align your money with your values.Board Walk Research
- New Climate Action May Impact Dividend Growth 06.29.12 Read...
- A New Year, New Taxes and New Challenges 01.22.13 Read...
- US Stocks: Where are we now? 12.01.13 Read...
- Boardwalk on Facebook
- Business Radio X interview -- Sustainable Investing
- Boardwalk on LinkedIn
- Wall Street Journal -- Scott Sadler on Sustainable Investing
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- WSJ Profile of Boardwalk Capital Management
- Mercer -- Climate Change Report
- HBR: The Dollar Payoff from Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainable Innovation -- Udaiyan Jatar at SI13
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Innovating for Sustainability -- Dr. Steven Olson at SI13
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- Enviromental Leader - (sustainability)
- CSR Wire
- Just Means
- B Corporation
- Matter Network
- VIDEO: Boards and Social Responsibility
- VIDEO: Sustainable Investing Talk to NIRI Atlanta Chapter